10 Years ago I met him (Aug. 5, 1998), 9 Years ago I married him (Aug. 7, 1999). My best friend, My sole mate, the biggest piece to my perfect puzzle. For those of you that do not know how we met, here is the story. The first time I saw him I was 16, I went to K-Mart and noticed him, and from then on I made my sister take me there to check out this hot checker (yes I was pretty much stalking his hotness). Then the second time was a couple years later, I remember seeing him (remember we still haven't met though haha) I went with a friend to his house to pick something up and he comes out in his swimming suit and NO SHIRT, yes I wanted to die, but at the time I didn't realize it was the same guy I stalked when I was 16. Then it really got bad, I started at Cyprus Credit Union in March, 1998. And in he walks with his friends, and I took one look at him and said to myself "oh my god he is so good looking I bet he is so cocky," (boy was I wrong, he's only a little cocky haha) and then I made the mistake of telling one of my friends at Cyprus that I had a huge crush on him and that I could never get a guy like that. That was big mistake, because I got teased ever time he came in "Cathy, Stuart is here" and off I would run to hide in the back room.
So it went on like that for a while, the teasing, the hiding, the secretly pinning for this man that had no idea who I was. That was until a friend, that new Stuart really well, came up to me with his phone number and said "call him, and he said he would do the rest." Yea right I thought I am not going to call him, he should be calling me. Well that night me and good friend were going out dancing and she was of course teasing me about my secret obsession, and she finally convinced me to just call him. OK so here I am with my old school, huge, cell phone and dialing his number! What am I crazy, he is never going to talk to me, I thought. When he gets on the phone I tell him it is me a girl at the Credit Union that 'so and so' gave me your number (dumb). And he says "well I am on my way out to a concert but can I call you when I am done?" Haha, yea right I think, he wont call but I said "sure" all enthusiastic. Well we go out dancing and at about midnight my phone rings and it is HIM. At this point I am freaking out because I seriously did not think he would call, and I answer the phone and he says "hi, I told you I would call you back" the conversation started and there wasn't one awkward moment and we talked for hours. Then the first date comes around and I drive because he says has an old Jeep and is worried about it breaking down, as I walk out of the house my dad says "were are you going?" I tell him "on a date" and he says "and your driving? dump him now." (don't worry he LOVES Stu)
The first date starts and he takes me to Applebees to show off his football stuff. And I realize while I am talking to him that he is my crush that worked at K-Mart and the one without his shirt, and I wanted to die. (of course later on he admitted he crushed hard on the girl with the "mole" at the credit union, but we will get into that some other time). After the date I was sure I would never hear from him again and he thought the same, but I guess we just couldn't stay away from each other because he called me the next day and the rest is history!
I love you babe, happy anniversary.





5 comments:
How perfect is that? Such a cute story. Isn't it funny how things turn out.
Oh, that is so sweet, I have never heard that story, and had no idea how you guys met.
Congrats guys!!
I remember the "crushing days" well! Happy Anniversary!
THAT IS SO FREAKIN TENDER I LOVE THIS STORY. I WAS IN A BAD MOOD ALREADY FOR THE DAY AND THIS CHEERED ME UP! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GUYS. I THINK IT CHEERED ME UP CUZ IT'S SIMILAR TO HOW KEN AND I HOOKED UP. SECRETLY CRUSHING ON EACHOTHER.. TENDER OH SO TENDER
HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY!
XOXO
Post a Comment